Jemsyjpeg @ justin.tv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jemsyjpeg @ justin.tv

A forum for the my stream on justin.tv. www.justin.tv/jemsyjpeg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jtvs changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal_Ashes
SUPAH PR0
SUPAH PR0
Eternal_Ashes

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Jtvs_changes As part of a member of Jtv you have come to realize the changes they have done. I for one absolutely hate the new changes and I want the old JTV back. We need all of your help to make this happen. I propose one June 10 2010 we all leave their site if we have not seen any major positive changes. We need your help to bring JTV back.
Back to top Go down
Shatterz
Pretty damn average.
Pretty damn average.
Shatterz

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm

They made stuff waaaay worse..
-90% of my friends are not showing up on meebo. Well they do but it says they're offline.

-profile pages will be deleted. There will be an integrated profile page if you have a channel, so people that don't broadcast can't have a profile page (?) What the hell are they doing >.<!

-The whole following/followers stuff. I still have to find out what this means and stuff, because the entire ''friend'' category is gone and all I see is Followers and Following. Following is your favourites list. and Followers.. I have no idea, theres like 6 people from my original friends list on there, and the rest has completely vanished. I can only see my full friends list on meebo, but meebo only shows Followers that are online, not the rest of your friends list...

I'd say.. Back to the future!
Back to top Go down
Eternal_Ashes
SUPAH PR0
SUPAH PR0
Eternal_Ashes

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 pm

"-profile pages will be deleted. There will be an integrated profile page if you have a channel, so people that don't broadcast can't have a profile page (?) What the hell are they doing >.<!"

If that's the way it's going to be, I'm done with Jtv. I truly believe this is going to be the death of Jtv.
Back to top Go down

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:33 am

I agree completely, we might have to go to *grits teeth* UStream ;_;
Back to top Go down
Eternal_Ashes
SUPAH PR0
SUPAH PR0
Eternal_Ashes

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:10 am

I spent over 4 hours in staff rooms yesterday, hearing them talk about the changes. I asked them some questions, and I will tell you my findings now.

I asked them do they intend on removing all profiles unless your a broadcaster, they said no.

I asked them why are my friends all gone, they basically turned friends and fans into the same thing making it a simpler system which I agree with. The reason why all of our friends have not been transferred over into followers yet is unknown to ever jtv staff, they were hoping it would all be done the first night they made changes but that's not going as they planned. I asked Justin himself when does he think it will be fully transferred, he did not know and then proceeded to tell me that as soon as possible. They want it done as much as we do. This also explains the problems with meebo, they also need to update meebo to work properly which they are doing right now.

I then proceeded to my most important point that they fucked up by not telling us anything at all, they just put all these changes in without any notice at all. Justin himself apologized to me and all the members of the chat room and admitted that it was definitely not the right way to go about doing changes.

Was it all lies or truth? Well I think considering the fact that we don't pay for jtv this is very nice to see, them making an effort to try to solve our problems.
Back to top Go down
Verdegrand
Still a Noob.
Still a Noob.

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 am

Hm considering I am new to JTV and I'm not a caster yet those changes don't shock me as much as they seem to shock the rest of JTV users, but from changes at other websites I know that every single time something big changes many people are disappointed and say that they will leave and that it's the end of the site. And after a couple of weeks, everyone gets used to it and everything goes on =) But I can understand that there's really a ton of changes, and not having profile pages because one doesn't cast sure sounds stupid. Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. But it sounds awesome that the staff of JTV is communicating with their users!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jtvs changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jtvs changes   Jtvs changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jtvs changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jemsyjpeg @ justin.tv :: General topics.-
Jump to: